We take a holistic approach to eating disorder recovery
Whether you are at the beginning of your recovery journey, or perhaps you have just been finding things hard for some time, we’re here to meet you where you’re at and help you on your way. Dietwise provides non-judgmental expert care for children, adolescents and adults with eating disorders, disordered eating behaviours, weight, shape, and body image concerns.
We foster a brave and hopeful space where you will feel safe, supported, and empowered. We believe that recovery is possible and that it’s never too early or too late to begin the path to recovery. If you or someone you love is struggling with eating concerns reach out. We are ready to get started on your recovery journey, either in person or via Telehealth or a combination of both.
You’re in the right place if:
- You’re unsure if you or someone you care about has an eating disorder
- You’ve just been diagnosed with an eating disorder no matter what age
- You’re supporting someone with an eating disorder
- You’ve had a setback or relapse with your eating disorder
- You’ve had an eating disorder for a long time and want to explore recovery
- You’ve got a history of an eating disorder and are unsure if you are recovered, want support navigating pregnancy or you are distressed with body changes related to menopause and ageing
- You’ve got an eating disorder and need help navigating a co-occurring condition such as diabetes
- You’ve had weight loss surgery and are struggling with eating, food, and body image
- You’ve recovered from an eating disorder and have started or have been told to follow a restrictive diet e.g low FODMAP for IBS, gluten-free for coeliac disease, low carb diet, intermittent fasting, keto
- You feel your current Dietitian is not a good fit or you want a fresh start
Renourish™ is our Recovery Nutrition Program
How do our dietitians help in eating disorder recovery?
As experts in nutrition, our specialised eating disorder Dietitians are skilled in:
- Navigating your eligibility and requirements for an Eating Disorder Plan (EDP) or Chronic Disease Management (CDM) Plan under Medicare
- Advocating for the care you deserve regardless of your diagnosis, body weight, shape, size, gender, age or the common perception of ‘not being sick or thin enough’
- Building your eating disorder recovery team- GP, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Physiotherapist/Exercise Physiologist, Recovery Coach, Art Therapist, Occupational Therapist
- Ensuring a smooth transition between Dietwise and higher levels of care such as inpatient hospital admission, residential care, or a Day Program
- Providing psychoeducation on eating disorders such as the impact of starvation, compensatory behaviours, body image, and all things in between to dispel myths and misconceptions about food, weight, body, diets, and health
- Providing nutrition therapy to achieve or maintain medical stability, reverse malnutrition, prevent refeeding syndrome, restore menstruation (if relevant) and resume growth and normal development if a child or adolescent
- Creating personalised staged meal plans for renourishment and in FBT, empowering caregivers to play an active role in refeeding and normalising eating behaviours
- Providing guidance on vitamin and mineral supplementation
- Taste testing of medical nutrition supplement drinks and scripts to purchase them at a reduced price
- Providing in-session meal support to help rebuild and model healthy eating behaviours in a safe and controlled way. We support a team approach and our Dietwise dogs Ella, Eddie and Reggie can join us too
- Reducing distress around food, including thoughts, emotions, and physical symptoms
- Identifying and challenging fear foods, food rules, food rituals and other disordered behaviours
- Fostering independence and confidence in shopping, food selection, cooking, serving food, and social eating
- Providing guidance on helpful recovery resources such as books, websites, podcasts, support groups, videos, Apps
- Identifying and addressing maintaining factors, in collaboration with your team
- Building motivation to start recovery and maintaining momentum to continue
- Planning for safety as well as for setbacks and relapse prevention
Navigating eating disorder care can be confusing
Let us answer some of our most frequently asked questions about navigating access to eating disorder recovery. Learn more in our Eating Disorder FAQ section.
We are your one-stop-shop for eating disorder treatment
Here at Dietwise, we are passionate about providing holistic care that considers the physical, mental, spiritual, and social health of our clients. As every recovery journey is unique, we will support you to put together a treatment team that works for you. That is why Sonya, Dietwise Founder has forged strong partnerships with a range of skilled clinicians to provide a one-stop-shop for eating disorder recovery. Our beautiful North Perth clinic is home to a fabulous team that includes Clinical Psychology, Physiotherapy, Recovery Coaching and Art Therapy. These clinicians are passionate about mental health and are trauma-informed and neurodiversity-affirming.
You’re in the right place.