We care. We listen. We understand. We are human.
We pride ourselves in offering a premium nutrition service and reject the ‘one diet fits all’ approach, taking the time to care, listen, support, understand, coach, motivate and fine-tune. Our Dietitians listen in a non-judgmental way, offer expert guidance, and provide practical take-home strategies putting you and your needs at the centre of our care. Everything we do is informed by not only the latest research and evidence, but our own lived and living experiences and those experiences of clients we have worked alongside for over 32 years.
We take a holistic, strength-based approach to your care and are alongside you every step of the way. You are treated as an individual and we understand that every journey is unique. This approach enables us to treat the whole person with kindness, compassion, sensitivity, and respect. Our Dietitians work with you to bring back the joy in food, however that may look like for you. We view eating and movement as an act of self-care to improve overall health, energy levels, and emotional and psychological well-being. We bring a human touch to our work by meeting you where you are at and working at a pace that meets your capacity
Our treatment approaches drawn upon in our care include:
- Medical Nutrition Therapy- treatment using nutrition interventions
- Motivational Interviewing
- Non-Diet and Health At Every Size® (HAES®) Approaches
- Intuitive Eating Principles
- Mindful Eating Practices
- RAVES treatment model for eating disorders
Our work is also informed by a range of principles across various therapies and approaches:
- Enhanced Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT-E) for eating disorders
- Family Based Treatment (FBT) or Maudsley Approach for eating disorders
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Neurodiversity-Affirming Practice
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Strengths based
We respect and embrace diversity and inclusivity
Everyone is welcome at Dietwise. We provide equal and respectful care to all folks, regardless of age, weight, race, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, physical ability/attributes, neurotype, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression and pronouns.
Learn more about our 5 values that are at the heart of everything we do.