Accredited Practising Dietitian
Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician
Tues, Wed, Thur & Fri
In-person & Telehealth
Hey, I’m Eryn, boss mum of Eddie!
Growing up in a family that includes a nurse, an occupational therapist and a couple of physiotherapists who are very passionate about their jobs, I had no choice but to pursue a career in health. Along with my love of food, I decided it would be a great idea to do something that combines both- health and nutrition. One day after a tunnel of university studies, I woke up as an Accredited Practising Dietitian and I haven’t looked back, embracing every opportunity. I feel extremely lucky, as I absolutely love what I do.
I have worked for several health services including Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Bunbury Regional Hospital. I then became a bit tired of our fine, gorgeous, predictable weather here in Perth and decided to change my scenery by moving to British Columbia, Canada to gain international experience. Between my weekends exploring the island of Victoria or venturing to the mainland to hike in the summer and snowboarding in the winter, I worked for Island Health. This involved covering various inpatient and outpatient areas at Victoria General Hospital, Royal Jubilee Hospital and Cowichan District Hospital.
I have gained a wide range of experience in the areas of mental health, gastroenterology, neurology, oncology, and heart health. I’ve enjoyed various aspects of all my prior work but particularly loved working as part of the multidisciplinary team at Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital treating all patients admitted with an eating disorder. This is where my special interest in disordered eating and eating disorders began and this special interest continued to flourish when I worked in mental health in Canada. After returning from overseas, I joined my amazing team at Dietwise. I feel so grateful to get to continue working in my area of interest, whilst taking the time to get to know my patients and the journeys that have led them to Dietwise. I have been described as calm and serene and together with my pal Eddie we create a warm, welcoming, and safe environment. I feel extremely lucky, as I absolutely love what I do.
When I am not at work, you will likely find me at the beach or camping with my partner and of course Eddie.
Training & Credentials
- Master of Dietetics- Curtin University
- Bachelor of Science – Nutrition- Curtin University
- Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician- (CEDC)- ANZAED
- Eating Disorder Training Essentials for Dietitians- WAEDOCS
- Understanding the Principles & Complexities of ARFID Management for Dietitians- WAEDOCS
- The Low FODMAP Diet for IBS- Monash University
- Understanding the Complexities and Management of Binge Eating Disorder (BED) - WAEDOCS
- Implementing a Health At Every Size® Framework for Dietetic Practice - WAEDOCS
- Understanding the Principles & Complexities of ARFID Management for Dietitians - WAEDOCS
- Your Feeding Toolkit & ARFID: The Anxious Eater - Melanie Potock
- Paediatric Eating and Feeding Course for Dietitians (Maddie Todd)
- Dietitians Australia (DA)
- College of Dietitians of British Columbia (CDBC)
- Australia & New Zealand Academy For Eating Disorders (ANZAED)
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration (NEDC)
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFEDD)
What are the two things you’d like to ask your Dietwise dog Eddie?
Actually, I have two very important questions that I need answered.
“So Eduardo III, tell me the truth. Who do you love more, your dad or me”?
Now the big question. “What did your parents really look like? A Staffy and a Labrador like we were told”?