Accredited Practising Dietitian
Mon, Wed, Thur & Fri
In-person & Telehealth
Hi, I’m Caylah.
I’m an Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist who loves food and helping others.
I am passionate about helping people have a positive relationship with food and their bodies, which is why I practice Health At Every Size® (HAES®) and use the Non-Diet Approach in my work. I have a strong interest in chronic dieting, disordered eating, eating disorders, and women’s nutrition such as fertility, PCOS, endometriosis and pregnancy. I am officially a low fodmapper myself with lived experience of IBS and the low FODMAP diet.
Before joining the amazing team at Dietwise, I worked in Community Paediatrics with a focus on fussy eating and infant and children’s nutrition. I’ve also worked in Public Health where I delivered nutrition education programs to improve cooking skills and food literacy, requiring practical hands-on skills to translate the science of nutrition into food on the table. My work in private practice and hospitals has involved supporting people living with diabetes, chronic disease, digestive issues, cancer, and more.
Growing up on a farm, I’ve always loved the connection to nature and the land, with food and joyful movement being at the centre of this. I love what I do and am excited to work alongside you to help you achieve your nutrition goals in a way that works for you.
Training & Credentials
- Masters of Dietetics- Curtin University
- Bachelor of Science (Nutrition)- Curtin University
- The Low FODMAP Diet for IBS- Monash University
- The Non-Diet Approach for Dietitians- Health Not Diets
- Community Training for Dietitians: The Essentials- Inside Out Institute For Eating Disorders
- Understanding the Complexities and Management of Binge Eating Disorder (BED) - WAEDOCS
- Evidence-Informed Dietetic Practice for Eating Disorders (QuEDS)
- Implementing a Health At Every Size® Framework for Dietetic Practice - WAEDOCS
- Youth Mental Health First Aider- MHFA
- Public Health Advocacy- PHAIWA
- Dietitians Australia (DA)
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration (NEDC)
Would you rather have a massage or a facial?
A facial hands down! I am in love with the idea of a massage, but I am the most ticklish person, so I just giggle the entire time. I think I come out of massages tenser than when I walk in.