What you eat while trying to conceive, during pregnancy, breastfeeding and beyond, has an influence on the genetic programming of your baby and their long-term physical and mental health.
Our team of dietitians are passionate about helping women optimise their nutrition during their pregnancy journey to support both mum and bub’s health and wellbeing.
How our dietitians can help with pregnancy
Out dietitians can take the guesswork out of nutrition during pregnancy including:
- meeting the extra nutritional requirements of pregnancy with personalised meal plans
- understanding the safety of diet types during pregnancy e.g. vegan, vegetarian, keto diets
- ensuring a healthy rate of weight gain during pregnancy including supporting patients with eating disorders
- managing morning sickness, heartburn, constipation, food cravings, low iron levels and pregnancy complications such as gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia
- choosing a prenatal supplement
- understanding the link between your diet and your baby’s risk of developing allergies
- reducing the risk of pregnancy-related complications such as gestational diabetes or pre-eclampsia
- educating on food safety during pregnancy including listeria, salmonella, E. coli, mercury, toxoplasma gondii, Vitamin A, alcohol and caffeine
- reducing the risk of food allergies in your baby