If you are ready to leave behind the world of yoyo dieting, food rules and unhelpful thoughts and feelings towards food, eating, weight and shape, then Intuitive Eating is for you. Intuitive Eating is an evidence-based framework that allows you to develop a more positive relationship with food, movement, your body, and yourself and restore trust in your body’s innate wisdom. Intuitive Eating is not a diet, nor is the goal of Intuitive Eating to lose weight. Instead, it is based on 10 key principles that can be seen as the stepping stones to healing your relationship with food.
How our dietitians help with intuitive eating:
- recognising diet culture in your world and rejecting diet mentality
- identifying and challenging the rules and restrictions of the ‘food police’
- rediscovering joy, pleasure, and satisfaction in food, eating and movement
- providing internal hunger-fullness awareness training to help you notice, reconnect and act on internal body cues
- honouring and optimising your health if you choose, with gentle nutrition strategies tailored to your unique needs
- making peace with food where all food fits without moral judgement
- respecting your body regardless of size, weight or shape and viewing it as an instrument, not an ornament
- curating your social media feed to embrace body diversity
- learning self-compassion self-awareness and kindness towards your feelings, your body and yourself
- discovering size-inclusive clothing and accessories such as activewear, streetwear, evening wear, swimwear, sleepwear, underwear
We believe making peace with food, respecting, and dignifying your body and being kind and compassionate to yourself is an act of self-care. Our dietitians are also neuro-diversity affirming and ensure our work in Intuitive Eating is modified to respect these differences to be accessible to all. We would love to be part of your journey.