Approximately 1 in 10 women suffer from endometriosis. It occurs when cells similar to the lining of the womb (endometrium) are found outside the womb but inside the body; usually in the pelvic area. Excess amounts of the hormone oestrogen help thicken and build up this tissue which we normally shed through our period. But, when these tissues are somewhere else in the body it means that they remain inside the body and can cause pain, swelling, and sometimes fertility problems.
How our dietitians can help with endometriosis:
At Dietwise, we realise just how different each person is and how no two people will experience the same symptoms in the same way. That’s why we don’t just hand over a meal plan. Instead, we do a comprehensive nutrition assessment and build a plan that is unique to your individual symptoms and goals of care. We will also be there to answer any questions you might have including:
- Are there supplements I should be taking?
- Do I need to avoid gluten and dairy?
- How much bloating is normal?
- Should my bowel habits be changing so much?
- Are there foods I should be eating to reduce inflammation in my body?
- Do I need to eat only organic fruit and vegetables?
- Are there ways to optimise my fertility with diet?
- Will a low FODMAP diet help my gut symptoms?
Our Dietitians can also:
- Help heal a complicated relationship with food and your body using the principles of Health At Every Size® (HAES®) and intuitive eating
- Incorporate joyful movement into your life when chronic pain is an issue
How We Can Help
Get In Touch
Reach out and tell us how we can help. We would love to hear from you.