Lactose is a type of sugar found naturally in cow’s milk and other dairy products and is broken down by the enzyme lactase. People who don’t produce enough lactase in their gut are lactose intolerant. It can also be caused by Coeliac Disease, Crohn’s Disease and after a bout of gastro.
Symptoms of lactose intolerance include:
- Stomach pains, bloating and cramping
- Excess wind and diarrhoea
How our dietitians help with lactose intolerance:
- Help you to work out your individual tolerance levels to lactose
- Provide you with a shopping list and recommendations for lactose friendly brands
- Work with you to help interpret food labels
- Provide you with a personalised dietary planner to ensure your calcium and protein requirements are met
How We Can Help
We're so glad you found us
Get In Touch
Reach out and tell us how we can help. We would love to hear from you.