One in six Australian couples experience difficulties when attempting to conceive. As sperm and eggs take approximately 3-6 months to fully mature, addressing your nutrition as early as 6-12 months before you are wishing to conceive can be beneficial to your fertility. Whether this is your current challenge or you’re just beginning your TTC (trying to conceive) journey, good nutrition in this critical window is helpful for optimising your chances of falling pregnant.
At Dietwise, we specialise in providing the nutritional and emotional support you need to confidently lay the groundwork for a successful pregnancy. We are passionate about helping women who are struggling to get pregnant reach a place of peace, compassion and understanding with their body – something that we understand can be difficult when you’ve been on the TTC journey for some time and feel like your body isn’t doing what you need it to do.
How our dietitians can help with fertility
We’ll teach you about the link between nutrition and fertility outcomes, as well as the impact it can have on your baby’s future health. We’ll also provide you with easy and practical strategies to support you in:
- optimising your diet to support optimal egg and sperm health
- selecting the best prenatal vitamins for you and your partner
- deciding whether your current pattern of eating is beneficial for your fertility
- boosting your fertility with nutrition while undergoing Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) such as ovarian induction, ICSI (intracytoplasmic sperm injection) and IVF (invitro fertilisation procedures)
- looking at the relationship between weight and fertility in a way you never may have considered before (hint, you might not have to lose weight to improve your fertility after all)
We can also answer any questions you may have around nutrition and fertility including:
- The safety of caffeine or alcohol when trying to fall pregnant
- What foods to avoid or include to maximise your chances of conception
Work with one of our Dietitians to take the guesswork out of your fertility and minimise your preconception stress.
How We Can Help
Get In Touch
Reach out and tell us how we can help. We would love to hear from you.