Accredited Practising Dietitian
Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician
Tues, Wed, Fri & Sat
In-person & Telehealth
Namaste, Goeie dag, Gidday, Sawubone!
My name is Kirasha, and I am proudly South African which explains my slightly quirky accent. My most important role in life is being a proud mum to one very sassy toddler. I would describe myself as a deeply empowered individual to whom I have my family to thank. Home has always been a place of laughter, happiness, peace, spirituality, love, and food (lots of food). I grew up surrounded by strong empowered women (Hi Mum!) who always believed in me, even in those days when I didn’t believe in myself. Hence as an APD, empowerment is a natural extension of who I am, to always encourage, inspire, and motivate each beautiful individual who chooses me to be part of their nutrition journey no matter their diagnosis, age, culture, or gender.
My mantra is to never say no to new experiences, being open to learning new things and embracing individuality. My speciality portfolio includes complex chronic disease interventions, disordered eating, eating disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, OSFED and ARFID) and gastrointestinal conditions. Eating disorders is a highly specialized field and my journey to being a Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician was built on extensive investment in professional development. I have also worked in both private and public Mental Health Units to gain as much clinical experience, including being part of one of the best-specialized teams in WA at The Hollywood Clinic which houses the only inpatient private eating disorders program in WA. Having hands-on experience means being present in the moment to talk to patients, understand their struggles, appreciate their journeys, and help support them in the best way possible. I love working with all age groups especially the younger group as they keep me on point and streetwise! At times there is a lot of laughter in my office and tears and all things in between. I am also an academic tutor at the school of Medical Health Sciences at Edith Cowen University and currently working on developing my research project to pursue a PhD.
Outside of Dietwise, you can find me on coffee dates and shopping adventures with my tribe, cooking up a storm at home, out and about with my daughter or emersed in a new season of my favourite reality series (there are a few!)
Training & Credentials
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition and Dietetics- University of Natal
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics- University of Natal
- Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician (CEDC)- ANZAED
- Master of Science in Dietetics (Research)- University of Natal
- Postgraduate Certificate in Diabetes- Curtin University
- Eating Disorder Training Essentials for Dietitians- WAEDOCS
- Skills Based CBT-E Clinical Workshop- University of Oxford
- Family Based Therapy (FBT) for Adolescent Anorexia Nervosa- ANZAED
- ARFID: Diagnosis & Management - British Dietetic Association /University of Winchester
- Certificate in Advanced Learning Bariatric Surgery Medical Nutrition Therapy- Dietitians Australia
- The Low FODMAP Diet for IBS- Monash University
- Chemical Elimination Diet- RPAH
- Dietitians Australia (DA)
- Australia & New Zealand Academy For Eating Disorders (ANZAED)
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration (NEDC)
- Australian Diabetes Educators Association (ADEA)
What’s the first thing you pack for an overseas holiday?
My puffiest sleeve top of course!