Accredited Practising Dietitian
Registered Dietitian & Nutritionist
Credentialed Eating Disorder Clinician
Wed & Thurs
In-person & Telehealth
Hi! I’m Cassie
My own personal experiences and love for all things food, health, and helping people has led me to my dream career of being an Accredited Practising Dietitian. I started my journey in nutrition in Texas, where I called home for over 15 years. Working at Baylor University Medical Center and Houston Methodist Hospital, I treated a wide variety of patients in the specialties of oncology, transplant, and critical care. I then made the transition to outpatient care, supporting people with weight concerns, chronic diseases, and those undergoing bariatric surgery. I then noticed the detrimental effects of diet culture and weight stigma, which is when my training and interest in eating disorders was sparked. This interest flourished when I worked alongside a team of psychologists seeing a range of clients including those with eating disorders and disordered eating.
One thing that I have learnt is that throughout my work transitions, relationship with food and body is centre stage, regardless of health status, age, or size. I appreciate that everyone’s diet is so highly personal and unique to everyone, and I feel honoured to get a glimpse inside that world. I am here to listen to you, understand your struggles, and be your cheerleader every step of the way. I provide care through a non-judgemental, anti-diet lens, to provide you with a safe zone so we can truly focus on your healing. Everybody deserves to feel the joy that food can bring, and it is my goal to empower you to break free from shame and guilt around eating.
When I’m not working, you’ll find me at the beach, trying new restaurants, or reading my favourite book (I’m a real homebody at heart!).
Training & Credentials
- Bachelor of Science Nutritional Sciences Texas- A&M University
- Eating Disorder Training Essentials for Dietitians- WAEDOCS
- CBT-E and FBT for Eating Disorder Dietitians - WAEDOCS
- Community Training for Dietitians: The Essentials -
- Inside Out Institute for Eating Disorders
- Nutrition Counselling for
- Eating Disorders - Marci Evans
- The Low FODMAP Diet for IBS - Monash University
- Dietitians Australia (DA)
- Commission of Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Australia & New Zealand Academy for Eating Disorders (ANZAED)
- National Eating Disorder Collaboration (NEDC)
If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Any Mexican dish! Growing up in Texas, Mexican cuisine had a heavy influence on my diet and I
don’t think I could ever get tired of it.